Established in 1985 by professionally qualified nurses for the purpose of promoting a high standard of training for employees to obtain the H.S.E. approved Certificate of First Aid at Work in the U.K. and now approved by HSEA.
OUR COURSES ARE RUNNING DURING THE 3RD LOCKDOWN PERIOD
SEE DATES ABOVE
We are continuing to train within the government guidelines because our clients can leave home for specific work purposes. This means that our trainers, and our candidates, are allowed to attend our courses as our training is delivered face-to face and cannot be completed from home.
This training is regulatory assessed and undepinned by Goverment legislation in order to save lives in the workplace and eases the pressure on the NHS.
There will be limitations and a reduction of candidate numbers on courses – see below:
- The HSE have announced an extension for refresher training beyond the 28 Day Rule during the Coronavirus pandemic of 3 months.
- In keeping with the Government’s recent announcement and the desire to minimise social distancing at this time we are offering an online course for Refresher candidates ONLY who cannot conveniently fit in with the HSE’s 3 month extension. This will enable them to undertake the course within the confines of their own home / office. To register for this course contact our main office on 01484 – 306030 or email us on email@example.com
- There will still be limitations to our courses until such time as the coronavirus has been eradicated: all candidates must bring with them a mask and wear it for the duration of the course, the course tutor will wear a mask also, mouth to mouth resuscitation practice will no longer be taught,nor will the practical aspects of the recovery position, the theory of these procedures will be taught, bandaging skills theory will be taught but practice will not. There will be no more than 6 candidates per course to enable social distancing to continue. A copy of our Coronavirus Risk Assessment protocol will be sent to all candidates prior to attending. Further, in an effort to minimise cross infection no refreshments will be rpovided on our courses at this time. Candidiates are welcome to bring their own and or a packed lunch as they prefer. Candidates will have their temperatures taken prior to entering the training venue.
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is aware that people holding First Aid at Work (FAW) or Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) certificates nearing expiry date, might experience disruption to access to requalification training as a result of events or circumstances generated by the coronavirus pandemic.HSE’s current guidance on the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981:https://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/l74.pdf is that those holding an FAW or EFAW qualification should undertake retraining before their original certificate expires and HSE strongly recommends that employers, and individuals holding those qualifications should plan for requalification training well in advance of expiry dates.
- If however requalification training is prevented for reasons associated directly with coronavirus or by complying with related government advice, it is reasonable and practical to extend the validity of current certificates by up to 3 months. Anyone taking advantage of this extension should be able to describe clearly their reasons for delaying requalification training, and demonstrate steps they have taken to undertake the training, if required.
- This guidance comes into effect for certificates expiring on or after 16th March 2020. HSE will review this matter over the coming months and will issue further statements as necessary.
- Our courses in Huddersfield will continue as normal with the above alterations during any Lockdown, regional or national in order to ensure that worplace settings can fulfill their obligations to provide First Aid cover for those who are still at work.
(Updated 8th January 2021)
P.F.E. is a privately owned / nurse managed company aimed at teaching the contents of the First Aid at Work syllabus under the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations in a realistic and interesting manner. With 28 years of HSE approval and currently approved by the HSEA, P.F.E. First Aid Training Services has become the longstanding partner for many corporate organisations throughout the U.K.
P.F.E. trains thousands of people each year for the Certificate of First Aid at Work (FAW) and the Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate (EFAW). It also trains people for the First Aid at Work Instructors certificate and issues certificates for short courses in First Aid, Appointed Persons Courses, Special Hazard Courses, Paediatric and AED courses. Fees are highly competitive and customers are strongly advised to shop around and compare our prices with other providers.
Note that many organisations are now offering training with no approval from any recognised body. Please ensure that your provider is a recognised and qualified provider. The quality of PFE’s courses is second to none.
Being one of the largest independent First Aid Training companies P.F.E. First Aid Training Services provides in-house training throughout the U.K. – wherever you are we can service your training requirements on a local or national basis.
From October 1st 2013 de-regulation of HSE approval occurred in England, Scotland and Wales. De regulation followed on 31st October 2017 for Northern Ireland. First Aid at Work certificates between Northern Ireland and the mainland are now recognised and interchangeable.
Training providers are no longer approved by the HSE. Instead recognition of training is provided through a variety of possibilities, some through Ofqual, some through the First Aid Industry itself and some through an independent route.
P.F.E. First Aid Training Services Ltd have adopted the independent route with due diligence and quality controls being monitored by an Independent body – the HSEA. Both Nursing Directors are members of the Royal College of Nursing.